By Robert L. LaFemina
Captures the nation of the technological know-how with twenty experiences that research the newest in today’s antiviral drug discovery efforts.
- Presents the elemental ideas of antiviral brokers and forecasts destiny possibilities.
- Investigates novel enzyme and protein inhibitors.
- Analyzes medical points of viral an infection with reference to remedy and toxicity.
- Examines identified and capability ambitions in any respect phases of viral improvement.
- Serves as a source for virologists, biochemists, pharmaceutical chemists, and different investigators.
- Covers a vast variety of viruses, together with HIV-1, HSV, and HCV.
Read Online or Download Antiviral research : strategies in antiviral drug discovery PDF
Similar viral books
The 2009 global Malaria document summarizes info bought from 108 malaria endemic international locations and different assets and updates the research awarded within the 2008 file. It highlights development made in assembly the realm health and wellbeing meeting goals for malaria to be accomplished through 2010 and 2015, and new objectives on malaria removing inside the worldwide Malaria motion Plan.
An Atlas of the medical Microbiology of Infectious ailments, quantity : Viral, Fungal, and Parasitic brokers is the second one of a chain and associate to quantity One, which offers with Microbiological and medical Attributes. packed with hugely tutorial visible pictures, this atlas covers standard and strange displays of viral, fungal and parasitic brokers and provides insightful reviews assisting their id and scientific importance.
- On Minding and Being Minded: Experiencing Bion and Beckett
- Understanding the HIV/AIDS Epidemic in the United States: The Role of Syndemics in the Production of Health Disparities
- Bacterial Meningitis - A Medical Dictionary, Bibliography, and Annotated Research Guide to Internet References
- A Practical Guide to Decontamination in Healthcare
Extra info for Antiviral research : strategies in antiviral drug discovery
43. Dunkle, L. , A. M. Arvin, R. J. Whitley, H. A. Rotbart, H. M. , S. Feldman, A. A. Gershon, M. L. Levy, G. F. Hayden, and P. V. McGuirt. 1991. A controlled trial of acyclovir for chickenpox in normal children. N. Engl. J. Med. 325:1539–1544. 44. Earnshaw, D. , T. H. Bacon, S. J. Darlison, K. Edmonds, R. M. Perkins, and R. A. Vere Hodge. 1992. Mode of antiviral action of penciclovir in MRC-5 cells infected with herpes simplex virus type 1 (HSV-1), HSV-2, and varicella-zoster virus. Antimicrob.
Earnshaw, D. , T. H. Bacon, S. J. Darlison, K. Edmonds, R. M. Perkins, and R. A. Vere Hodge. 1992. Mode of antiviral action of penciclovir in MRC-5 cells infected with herpes simplex virus type 1 (HSV-1), HSV-2, and varicella-zoster virus. Antimicrob. Agents Chemother. 36:2747–2757. 45. , S. Kemp, G. Darby, and A. C. Minson. 1989. The role of herpes simplex virus type 1 thymidine kinase in pathogenesis. J. Gen. Virol. 70:869–879. 46. Elion, G. , P. A. Furman, J. A. Fyfe, P. de Miranda, L. Beauchamp, and H.
Lietman. 1994. Activity of (S)-1-(3-hydroxy-2-phosphonylmethoxypropyl) cytosine against human cytomegalovirus when administered as single-bolus dose and continuous infusion in in vitro cell culture perfusion system. Antimicrob. Agents Chemother. 38:2404–2408. 117. Nilsen, A. , T. Aasen, A. M. Halsos, B. R. Kinge, E. A. Tjotta, K. Wikstrom, and A. P. Fiddian. 1982. Efficacy of oral acyclovir in the treatment of initial and recurrent genital herpes. Lancet ii:571–573. 118. , and D. Faulds. 1998. Ganciclovir: an update of its use in the prevention of cytomegalovirus infection and disease in transplant recipients.