By Paul Deitel
The pro programmer’s Deitel® consultant to telephone and capsule app improvement utilizing Android™ 6 and Android Studio Billions of apps were downloaded from Google Play™! This e-book provides every thing you must begin constructing nice apps fast and getting them released on Google Play™. The e-book makes use of an app-driven approach–each new expertise is mentioned within the context of 8 absolutely coded and verified Android apps, whole with syntax shading, code highlighting, code walkthroughs and pattern outputs. Apps you’ll increase contain:
- Welcome App
- Cannon video game
- Tip Calculator
- climate Viewer
- Flag Quiz
- Twitter® Searches
- handle Book
Practical, Example-Rich insurance of:
- Android 6, Android Studio: Gradle™, Vector Asset Studio, subject Editor
- Material layout App Templates and Themes
- AppCompat Library, Android layout help Library, RecyclerView, FloatingActionButton, TextInputLayout
- Material layout Elevation and Icons
- REST net Services/JSON, Threading, SQLite™ Database, Android 6 Permissions
- Cursors, Loaders, ContentProviders
- Supporting a variety of reveal Sizes/Resolutions
- Accessibility, Internationalization
- Activities, Fragments, Intents, Preferences
- GUIs, Layouts, Menus, source documents, occasions, Touch/Gesture Processing, pictures, Audio, pics, Animation
- Immersive Mode, PrintHelper
- Google Play™ shop, App Publishing, Pricing, advertising, In-App ads, In-App Billing, digital items and more
- Download code examples
- For information on Deitel’s Dive Into® sequence programming education classes, stopover at www.deitel.com/training or write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow the Deitels on Facebook® at facebook.com/DeitelFan, Twitter® at @deitel, Google+™ at google.com/+DeitelFan, LinkedIn® at bit.ly/DeitelLinkedIn, YouTube™ at youtube.com/DeitelTV
- Subscribe to the Deitel ® Buzz e-mail e-newsletter at www.deitel.com/newsletter/ subscribe.html
About This publication
The first-generation Android telephones have been published in October 2008. As of June 2015, Android had 82.8% of the worldwide telephone marketplace proportion, in comparison to 13.9% for Apple and 2.6% for Microsoft (http:// www.idc.com/prodserv/smartphone-os-market-share.jsp). Billions of apps were downloaded from Google Play and multiple billion Android units have been shipped around the world in 2014 (http://www.cnet.com/news/android-shipments-exceed- 1-billion-for-first-time-in-2014/). The possibilities for Android app builders are enormous.
This ebook offers modern computing applied sciences for pro software program builders. on the center of the booklet is the Deitel app-driven approach–concepts are offered within the context of entire operating Android apps, instead of utilizing code snippets. The advent and app try out drives at first of every bankruptcy convey a number of pattern executions. The book’s resource code is out there at http://www.deitel.com/books/AndroidFP3.
The apps during this e-book have been conscientiously designed to introduce you to key Android positive factors and APIs. You’ll quick examine every little thing you want to commence development Android apps–beginning with a test-drive of the end Calculator app in bankruptcy 1, then development one new app in each one of Chapters 2 via nine. by the point you succeed in bankruptcy 10, you’ll have the ability to create your individual apps for submission to Google Play and different app marketplaces. You’ll grasp the Google Play submission approach, together with importing your apps. You’ll make a decision even if to promote your apps or supply them at no cost, and how you can industry them through social media and monetize them with in-app ads, in-app billing, digital items and more.
Read Online or Download Android 6 for Programmers: An App-Driven Approach PDF
Best tablets & e-readers books
Flash's ubiquity is in its presence at the overwhelming majority of notebook pcs, laptops and netbooks. it's also in a stunning, and transforming into, percent of cellular units. software program builders who are looking to faucet this quickly increasing industry face many demanding situations that experience now not existed within the laptop international for particularly your time.
In the course of the process this e-book, you’ll discover ways to boost smooth internet purposes with instruments and strategies comparable to RESTful net companies, NoSQL, provisioning, elasticity, vehicle Scaling, hotfixes, and automated failover. Code samples can be found from GitHub. paintings with dynamic OSGi providers to create modular applicationsExplore the fundamentals of OSGi bundles and modular software designLearn complicated themes, together with semantic versioning, integration trying out, and configuring componentsUnderstand OSGi pitfalls, anti-patterns, and lines you want to avoidCreate a modular structure for cloud-based internet applicationsDiscover how maintainability, extensibility, scalability, and testability are stricken by modular designGet a glance at quite a few concepts for growing net purposes with a modular approachInteract with chronic garage prone, together with relational databases and NoSQLExamine choices for deploying modular functions to the cloud
With the recognition of net entry through mobile phones and different cellular units, net designers now need to think of as many as 8 working structures, numerous browsers, and a slew of latest units as they plan a brand new web site, a brand new interface, or a brand new sub-site. This easy-to-follow pleasant publication courses you thru this courageous new international with a transparent examine the basics and gives sensible innovations and tips you'll now not have thought of.
- Beginning BlackBerry Development
- Windows Phone 7 Silverlight Cookbook
- Beginning J2ME: From Novice to Professional
- Learning Carbon
- Collaborative Information Seeking: Best Practices, New Domains and New Thoughts
Additional resources for Android 6 for Programmers: An App-Driven Approach
6. Click OK, then click Close. 7. Click Check for Update again. 8. The IDE will check for updates and tell you whether there are updates to apply. 9. Click Update and Restart to install the latest Android Studio version. If you’ve previously opened a project in Android Studio and did not close the project, the IDE skips the Welcome to Android Studio window and opens the last project. In this case, you can access the Updates dialog on a Mac via Android Studio > Check for Updates… or on Windows/Linux via Help > Check for Update….
The devices can communicate wirelessly at a greater distance than when using Bluetooth. Access and share contact information across social networks and apps (with the user’s permission). Add and share events across multiple apps, manage alerts and attendees and more. Use the new Accessibility Text-to-Speech APIs to enhance the user experience of your apps for people with disabilities such as vision impairments and more. The explore-by-touch mode allows users with vision impairments to touch anywhere on the screen and hear a voice description of the touched content.
For example, a class that represents a bank account might contain one method to deposit money to an account, another to withdraw money from an account and a third to inquire what the account’s current balance is. A class is similar in concept to a car’s engineering drawings, which house the design of an accelerator pedal, steering wheel, and so on. 3 Instantiation Just as someone has to build a car from its engineering drawings before you can actually drive a car, you must build an object of a class before a program can perform the tasks that the class’s methods define.